Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ONE MORE SLEEP!


I feel like a kid the night before the first day of school.  I am excited to see faces from last season at the Cycling Centre as well as to get to work on improving the technique of the athletes I have been working with over the Spring, Summer, and Fall.  It is almost fitting that we move inside tomorrow night for our very first session of Season Two as the temperature is just starting to get below zero.


The first few weeks will focus on technique, position, and basically breaking bad habits and trying new things.  As an athlete it was always my favourite time of the season.  Going back to basics meant I could really focus on the little things that would help me in later months to go faster, become more efficient, and get a pedal stroke up on my competitors.

From speaking with the people who have registered for this season it sounds like they are as excited as I am, and like the night before the first day of school, a little nervous too.  It is a time to make new friends, re-acquaint with old ones, and have fun on a bike!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment